Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Finally, we have another baby sister!

On a rainy Saturday,  my dad and I went to Middlemore Hospital to pick up my mum and the newborn baby girl. She is the 11th member of our family and her name is Linda. When we got  back home, my sisters and brothers welcomed Baby Linda into our family. They also gave my mum big hugs and  kisses on the cheek.
 
Then our big sisters, Malaea and Miriama made sandwiches with mayonnaise, lettuce and chicken for lunch for mum and dad.  They looked delicious! But the rest of us had  toast with marmite and cucumber  for lunch. After lunch,  my second oldest brother arrived and gave mum a present for the new baby. It was a beautiful pink and purple pair of  shoes.


We all again gathered together to give our presents to the baby just like what my second oldest brother just did.  We had some cool presents like pink and yellow clothes, sparkly pink shoes,  rainbow coloured beanie and purple gloves with stars on them. Then my mum said, “ Thank you!” She was very proud of all of us because we cleaned the house while she was giving birth at the hospital and we were all well-behaved except for my little brother Alex and Blessing who argued a lot.


Then we all watched a movie on  TV. It was very interesting because it was about a lion that wanted to be a king of the animals.  The movie was called the Lion King.  It was very familiar to me because it tells me that I have to take care of our home and my loved ones. After that my family and I all went to our rooms to sleep.

My favourite part was when my brothers and sisters and I gave presents to welcome the newborn baby to the family.
learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I writ an orientation, followed by events and a conclusion about welcoming my newborn baby sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.