Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

Do you know how to chest pass?

On a sunny Friday, my class and I got a netball lesson with our coaches Mark and Tina. The first thing we did was to introduce ourselves to them,  how old we are and what we wanted to be when we grow  up.

After that we did a little jog to the wall and back. Then we did chest pass. We had to get into pairs with a ball and waited until Tina told us to pass the ball to our partners. When she said go, my partner and I started chest passing the ball to each other and we did it for five times.
Then we started passing it harder because we were so far from one another.


The next lesson was we had to balance on one leg with the ball on both hands then throw it to our partner.  Then , we had to get into three pairs in a group. We started passing the ball and Soane ran sideways to catch it. Xyril and I were passing the ball so fast to Soane that Soane had a hard time catching it.  It was funny!

Then coach Tina told us to do warm down so we can stretch our muscles. She told us what name did we want for our class. One of my classmates screamed out and said,” Rocksolid!”. We all agreed and we gathered and counted  one, two, three and screamed, “ Rock Solid!. Finally,  we went back to class.

I had a great time practising netball with my class. Next time I hope I will learn how to do pivoting and throw the ball in the hoop.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount: starting with the orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion of my first Netball session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.