Pages

Thursday 9 June 2016

Yay! We won the basketball game!

On a partly cloudy Saturday, my uncle, cousin and I went to the Otahuhu basketball competition. We travelled there in the car. It took us nearly 50 minutes to get there. We named our team Tigers. We versed a team called ‘Leopard’  and they had a lot of good players.  I was scared because I didn’t think we could beat them.
Before the game got started, my uncle said, “Put on your basketball shoes and clothes!” Soon the whistle blew and the game started. When the ball came down, I ran fast as I could to grab the ball. I quickly pass it to my cousin. He bounced the ball and sprinted to the hoop and took a shot. Yay, it went in.


Then the whistle blew and we got one point and the other team didn't score any points. I was jumping up and down because I was so excited about my team scoring a point.


After that the whistle blew again it was half time. While we were resting, my uncle said to my cousins and I, “Try your best to defend the person next to you and get the ball off them.”


Image result for basketballA few minutes later, the referee blew the whistle and we are back on the court. When the other team was dribbling the ball, my cousin was defending him and he got the ball off him and that made me very happy. When he stole the ball off the person, he pass it to me and I shot the ball into the hoop to score two points. My uncle called out to me and said, “Good shot Vaughan!” After that, we had to check the ball, when the referee tossed the ball up, my cousin jumped up and got the ball and pass it to me. I ran so fast that a speeding train couldn't catch me. However the other team got the ball off me and they ran and shot the ball in.


After that, the game started and my cousin and I worked together as a team to get the ball from the other team. When I was defending the person beside me, my cousin Immanuel passed the ball to me and I sprinted while my cousin blocked the person next to him. He ran to me and I passed ball to him. He ran to the hoop and took his best dunk. All my uncle and friends were surprised that my cousin Matthew just dunked the ball into the hoop.


A while later, the whistle blew and I was jumping up and down because we had won the basketball game. After that, my team shaked hands with the Leopard team and we all said, “Good game!” to the
other team. After that, my uncle bought us some hot dogs and coca cola from the shop in Otara, then he took my friend and I home.

I had a lot of fun playing basketball with the other team and I hope I can do a slam dunk like Lebron James next time.


Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount using appropriate language features.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use punctuations correctly to show the beginning and end of sentences.


1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Vaughan, great recount about our new born sister and I like the way how you use your punctuation and acclamation mark.. great job and keep it up doing good work at school.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.