Pages

Monday 27 June 2016

Yes, my baby sister is part of the St Patrick's parish!

On Sunday my family and I went to mass for my baby sister's baptism. My dad and my mum sat at the front pew so father Michael could easily see them together with the godparents. My baby sister's name was Pina Linda Stowers.

After the readings and the homily, Father said that it was time to baptise my baby sister Linda.. My uncle, aunty and parents went and stood by the altar. While they were standing, Father Michael welcomed my baby sister Linda to the St Patrick’s Parish. Then it was time to “ Light the candle!” Father Michael baptised Linda by putting his hand and making the sign of the cross on my sister’s forehead as he said, “ I baptise you, in the name of the father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen!” Soon, it was finished and we carried on with the holy mass. When it was communion time I went with my brothers and sisters to receive the body and blood of Jesus.

After the holy communion, Father Michael said, “ The confirmation class starts in October!” Finally, he said, “The mass is ended. Go in peace to love and serve the Lord. “May God bless you all and have a good day!”. We all went back home and watched TV while Dad cooked the food for us to celebrate my baby sister’s baptism.


My favourite part was when my baby sister Linda got baptised and she is now a Christian and a part of Jesus’ family.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write appropriate verbs and adverbs to describe going to church in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.