Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Yay! Finally I did a lay up in the basketball game!

On Friday night,  my uncle, cousins and I went to Manurewa in a van and it took us an hour to get there because of the heavy traffic. We went there for a basketball try-outs. On the way, my uncle bought us some drinks of sprite and coca cola. When we got to the venue, we changed as fast as we could in our red and white shirt, pants and shoes. We were ready just in time for the first basketball game.

After the game, my uncle asked, “What name should we name our team?” My cousin and I jumped up and down saying, “The Slam Dunker Bulls!” Then my uncle agreed and the next game started. Our team and the opposing team met up in the middle of the court and waited for the referee to throw the ball up high into the air.
I jumped  and tried to tap the ball towards my teammates, but the other person from the other team got it and ran to the hoop and did a lay up.
Image result for basketball layup movesImage result for slam dunk nba cartoon
Then we went back to the center and waited for the ball but the referee blew the whistle. This time, the ball was in our team.  I dribbled and dribbled then  passed the ball to my cousin and he ran to the three pointer line and shoot it  into the hoop and scored 2 points! Yes!  Then, it was half-time. My cousins and I ran to the shop next to the basketball court and bought ourselves some drinks and hot dogs.  

When we got back,  we had lots of energy to get ready to play. When the second- half started, my team and I were ready. When the ball got tapped, our teammate jumped up high and swiftly stole the ball then ran to the circle and did a 3 pointer from outside the circle.  The whistle blew and  it was in!

There was 1 more minute left to get the ball in because the scores were a tie.  Our team had the ball and  we had to shoot  it into the hoop before the timer goes off to say, ‘The game is over”. I felt nervous as I was dribbling the ball towards the hoop because I was scared that I might not be able to do a proper lay up to earn a score. I had to focus hard on the ball as I ran to the hoop and finally,  did a lay up!  I can't  believe it! We won the game! We won the game!

Eventually, we went home at past midnight. Luckily, we still had Saturday and Sunday to rest. My favourite part was when I did a layup and scored for our team!


Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success criteria: I know I  can do this when I write an orientation, followed by events and a conclusion about my basketball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.