Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Hey, come on let's plant some plants!

Image result for gardeningOn Saturday, my dad and I woke up early and had breakfast together. The we changed into our gardening clothes and got all the equipment needed for planting. We used gardening fork, shovel, trowel, wheelbarrow, hedge clippers, watering can, cultivator, rubber boots and hose.


Then we went to Bunnings and bought nine roses to plant. We chose red, yellow, orange, white, yellow, pink, blue and purple. We also bought strawberries and grapes to plant.  After that we went back home, put on our rubber boots and  gloves to protect our hands from any injury.


Now, we’re ready! So I ran to the car and got out the roses that my dad and I bought and put them in the wheelbarrow that my brother pushed towards the backyard. My dad and I got a shovel and dug a hole in the ground then I grabbed the hose and watered the hole that we dug before we put in our roses. The first rose that my dad and I planted was red, then purple, yellow and blue. Then my dad said, “Go and grab the rest of the roses.” We had a good time planting them all.


A while after my dad and I used the trowel to gather the soil around the plants. When we were planting, I tried to do what Catherine showed us at the botanical garden. I took my time as I gently transferred the plant into the hole in the ground. I did it and I did it well! After that, I planted more and did the exact same thing again and again.


Finally, we’re up to the grapes and strawberries to plant into the the ground. I dug up holes and did the same thing but not forgetting to water the holes first before transferring the seedlings into the holes in the ground.


Eventually, the job was done. I went into the house, took a quick shower then changed into my clean clothes. Then, I felt so sleepy because I was so tired. I climbed into my bed to have a rest and slept. It was night time when I woke up.

My favourite part was when I planted roses, grapes and strawberry. I can’t wait for the roses to flower and for the grapes and strawberries to bear fruits.


Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write appropriate verbs and adverbs to describe growing plants in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.